In the middle ages the Comte Des Cierges was a servant in a castle who would attend to the whims of visiting noblemen. By the 1800’s the word Concierge came to mean the person in charge of the keys at public buildings and hotels. In the 21st century Concierges are a familiar amenity in hotels, apartment buildings, and Nordstroms everywhere.
The last two decades have seen a rise in independent concierge companies that offer a variety of services to everyone from busy executives to new moms—anyone who can use a helping hand with that never ending to-do list.
If you don’t see the service you need, just ask. These lists are just samples of the support I can offer. No job is too small, but if it’s too large I may be able to refer you to another vendor.
Price, Payment, and Scheduling
Please call to discuss pricing for services. I charge an hourly fee, and there is no minimum.
Payment by check or cash is accepted at the end of the day on which service is provided.
Life’s daily tasks can be overwhelming. Let me take the stress out of your life by taking on your to-do list.
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning & preparation
- Run errands
- Organize home, office, or storage
- Pet Care –walking, grooming, vet trips
- Performing light household and garden chores
- Coordinate larger household maintenance projects
- Appointment scheduling—medical, social, other services
- Driver/escort —medical appointments, social events, shopping
- Help with computer, cell phone, or electronics set-up
- Purchase tickets
- Bill paying, mail sorting
- Vehicle maintenance
- Medication reminder
- Order & pick up medications
- Advocate and record keeper at medical appointments
- Research non-medical related questions
- Daily telephone or home visit check-in services
- Hospital visits
- Exercise & outings
- Event planning & hostess help
- Hobby and activity help
- Companion—visit, read, play games
- Write letters
Moving is stressful and time consuming, especially when you are downsizing a household of many years. I can help make it a smooth transition from one home to another by managing the whole moving process, or I can take care of individual tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Assess needs, develop detailed moving plan
- Organize the home for the move
- Help you determine which items to keep, sell, donate, transfer, or throw away and help you with each process
- Get estimates for packing, moving, and storage companies
- Be at your home to help you meet movers or service people
- Once in your new residence, I can help you unpack, organize, set up services like telephone and cable, and settle in to your new home
Seniors have a lifetime of memories to keep and stories to share.